Consulting services for Attorneys
Taking into account the complex dynamics that emerge in an abusive relationship is critical for attorneys representing clients. Otherwise the clients are presented with “One-size fits all solutions” that get them through the legal process without securing measures to insure a safe and healthy future. My consulting service offers attorneys the advantage of focusing on their legal tasks with the reassurance that an expert is focusing on the complicated psycho-social factors of the case.
As alternative dispute resolution or litigation support, I work to:
- Identify the behaviors in the parties that interfere with decision, communication and co-parenting.
- Create parenting plans to address the problematic, recalcitrant, and often misunderstood co-parenting behaviors.
- Perform domestic abuse screens and danger assessments. Provide a summary of the implications for the case to the attorney.
- Clarify how high conflict, control, abuse, violence, substance abuse, alienating or gatekeeping behaviors impact the client’s behavior, legal disputes and co-parenting.
- Identify, sort, collect relevant information, facts, evidence and collateral sources.
- Help prepare clients for ADR, trial, and custody evaluation so that the client can effectively communicate to the judicial officer or its delegate the facts of the case.
- Provide an analysis of the Custody Evaluator’s work-product primarily addressing methodology errors in data collection, analysis, and recommendations. I also highlight evidence of false premises, biases and lack of knowledge that lead to incorrect conclusions, irrelevant and often prejudicial recommendations.
The service I provide is not therapy or legal advice.