Marie José and her co-mediator assist the mediating parties in clarifying issues, identifying options and exploring how the proposed solutions could possibly work in their current and future situation.
As directed by the MN rules, practice standards and ethics, Marie José and her co-mediator:
- Maintain neutrality and impartiality, account for power imbalance
- Keep all communications confidential
- Arrange for separate meeting rooms for the mediating parties when necessary or requested
- Encourage parties to seek professional advice when more information is needed to consider options and make a decision
- Encourage parties to mediate with their attorneys present or available for consult
The mediation agreement will be binding when memorialized into a formal agreement by the parties’ attorneys and signed by the parties and their attorneys.