Marie José understands that cases involving high conflict and domestic abuse are only a small part of an attorney’s practice. Her service offers the advantage of allowing the legal team to focus on their legal tasks with the reassurance that an expert is focusing on issues related to high conflict, control, abuse, violence, substance abuse, alienating, gatekeeping behaviors (or allegations thereof). Focus:
- Provide client support and education to help client effectively communicate with attorney, professionals and testify in front of a judicial officer.
- Help attorney prepare client for ADR, trial, custody evaluation and assist throughout the process.
- Clarify how high conflict, control, abuse, violence, substance abuse, alienating or gatekeeping behaviors impact the client’s behavior, dispute and co-parenting.
- Assist attorney in identifying, sorting, collecting relevant evidence and collateral sources.
- Review/Critique Custody Evaluator’s work-products highlighting the strengths and weaknesses and providing alternative hypotheses with a focus on area of expertise.
- Accompany client to meetings with attorney, mediation, court hearings and other legal proceedings.
- Defer to other experts matters that are outside Marie José’s area of expertise.
⊕Agreement must be signed before initiating services.
⊕The service Marie José provides is not therapy or legal advice.