Services to attorneys
Marie José understands that cases involving high conflict and domestic abuse are only a small part of an attorney’s practice. Her service offers the advantage of allowing the legal team to focus on its pressing legal tasks with the reassurance that an expert is focusing on issues related to high-conflict, conflictual co-parenting, domestic abuse, coercive control, violence, alienation and gatekeeping allegations of the divorce and custody/parenting time dispute case at hand. Focus:
- Provide client emotional support and education to help client effectively communicate with attorney and testify in front of a judicial officer.
- Help attorney prepare client for ADR, trial, custody evaluation and assist throughout the process.
- Clarify how high conflict, abuse, violence, coercive control, substance abuse, alienating or gatekeeping behaviors impact the client’s behavior, dispute and co-parenting.
- Assist attorney in identifying, sorting, collecting relevant evidence and collateral sources.
- Review/Critique Custody Evaluator’s work-products highlighting the strengths and weaknesses and providing alternative hypotheses with a focus on area of expertise.
- Provide professional documentation (peer-reviewed articles and Standards of Practice) to assist in understanding the facts and hypotheses of the case.
- Accompany client to meetings with attorney, mediation, court hearings and other legal proceedings.
- Defer to other experts matters that are outside Marie José’s area of expertise.
- Help client create a safety plan.
⊕Agreement must be signed before initiating services.
⊕The service Marie José provides is not therapy or legal advice.